About Poker Refugees
Thinking about relocating but feeling overwhelmed or not sure where to start? Already made the decision to move abroad but dreading the process? We've got you covered all the way.
Poker Refugees was founded in response to the thousands of US online poker players who lost their jobs and sources of income to Black Friday. We offer customized solutions for anyone looking to temporarily or indefinitely relocate overseas.
If you are already living abroad are but looking for a change of country or specific assistance with something - We can help with that too.
Each destination we serve has been specifically chosen according to your needs as an online poker player. Collaborating relocation partners worldwide have been carefully selected by Kristin and the Poker Refugees team for their experience, reliability, professionalism, and understanding of your expectations while living abroad.
Everyone who works with Poker Refugees has personal experience relocating from their home country abroad, and all of us are currently in a foreign country with combined decades of experience traveling outside of the US. We know what you're going through, what to expect and we're here to make your relocation easy and stress-free for you.
Before the Move:
- One-on-One Phone Call
- Personal consultation on the ideal location for your move abroad
- Access to our team and relocation specialists to answer your questions
- Representation of your wants and needs in searching for and selecting a rental property in your ideal location
- Preview and selection of potential properties to rent or buy
- Prep List & FAQs related to your destination
- Info on moving pets or coordinating families with children
- Advice on preparation, packing and transporting your monitors and equipment
- Log-in to your own individual, online Poker Refugees Account with a calendar to track activity and view important info related to your relocation
On the Ground:
- Complimentary private, secure transportation from the airport to your local destination
- Preferential or discounted rates at a Poker Refugee-approved hotel during the initial days of your arrival, if needed
- Relocation in a fully furnished luxury apartment or home of your choice
- Tour of pre-selected properties
- Info on fulfilling requirements to play on various poker sites
- Connection with the local network of Poker Players
- Tips on getting settled in your new home
- Continuous communication and assistance from Poker Refugees
Getting to Work:
- Assistance in setting up a high speed and back up internet connection
- Info on how to open a local bank account (may require additional costs in some countries)
- Access to accountants, tax specialists and English-speaking attorneys
- Local home phone and/or cell phone and plan
- Detailed instructions on how to reactivate your poker accounts
- Administrative support: Scanning and sending documents
- Help with different methods of putting money online: transfers, Moneybookers, etc.
VIP Services & Lifestyle:
- Orientation Package with vital local information to help your transition
- Info on the best restaurants, clubs, shopping and entertainment in your area
- Poker Refugees events, parties and regular newsletter with important info
- Private tours, shopping trips and transportation available at additional cost
- Organization of Maid Services, Concierge or Private Chef upon request
We understand your needs and lifestyle. Contact Us for a comprehensive relocation package with a smooth transition so you can get back to work as soon as possible. A la carte services also offered.